POSTCODE FOR BHUTAN
Bhutan Postal Corporation Ltd to commemorate the 30th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty, the Druk Gyalpo, launches Postcode on 21st February 2010.
Postcode is a code of digits added to postal address to facilitate mail delivery. Each country has its own coding system and in some countries it is referred to as Zip Code.
Bhutan Post has 5-numeric digits code that indicates the following:
- The first digit indicates the Region.
- The second digit indicates the Dzongkhag
- The third digit indicates the Dungkhag under a Dzongkhag
- The last two digits indicate the delivery area, i.e, General Post Office (GPO)/Post Office (POs),Community Mail Office (CMOs)
To find PostCode.....Click here
For example, a mail addressed to Tarayana Foundation Office in Thimphu will have the postcode 11001, wherein
- 1 stands for the Region Code (Western Region),
- 1 for Thimphu Dzonkghag
- 0 as no Dungkhag under Thimphu Dzongkhag
- 01 for the dependent post offfice which is Thimphu GPO